There are a lot funny terms and abreviations used by the SEO folk. This page can help you make some sense of these if you are new to the SEO/SEM game. Hmmm what is SEM again?
- Cloaking - A method for displaying different content to a search engine crawler. Usually an attempt to trick the engine in order to obtain some kind of a ranking benefit.
- CPA - Cost Per Action
- CPC - Cost Per Click
- CPL - COst Per Lead
- CPM - Cost Per thousand impressions. (M is the roman numeral for 1000)
- CPS - Cost Per Sale
- CTR - Click Through Rate
- FFA - Free For All Link page. A page containing a list of user added links.
- PFI - Pay For Inclusion
- PI - Paid Inclusion
- PPC - Pay Per Click
- ROI - Return On Investment
- SEO - Search Engine Optimization
- SEM - Search Engine Marketing
- SERP - Search Engine Result Page
- ROFL - Rolling On Floor Laughing. (Typical reaction of an SEO consultant, seeing your site for the first time.)
Affiliate Program |
PrioritySubmit | URL Submission | Translation Services | Register Domains | Web Hosting
©2004 Global Promote - All Rights Reserved.